- The principles of Ayurveda and chart for determining your individual constitution.
- Maintaining one’s health, digestion and constitutional balance.
- A listing of the qualities of foods and their effects on the doshas.
- Setting up of an Ayurvedic kitchen and planning menus for every member of your family.
- More than 100 recipes of delicious Ayurvedic cuisine.
- Nearly 300 simple remedies for everything-from the common cold and skin problems to stabilizing blood sugar in diabetics – all using familiar household herbs, fruits and vegetables!
About the Author
The authors of Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing are Usha Lad and Vasant Lad. Usha Lad was born in Khandala and developed an interest in cooking while watching her mother cook. at her nursing school, she learnt how to incorporate Ayurvedic principles into cooking. Vasant Lad is an experienced authority on Ayurveda, who has travelled all over the world, sharing his knowledge about it.